Sunday, January 14, 2007

Shnorhavor amanor yev Surb Tsnund!

This Zimer Papik couldn't tell me which marchutney went to my bus station so he decided to take me there himself. He summoned his 'sleigh' and I was there in no time. The Armenian's got a big kick out of the laughing American and the jolly Santa looking for a bus.

You're looking at a real live 'Snow Sweet'. The village event planner recruited me to pose as Santa's wife and sing Joy to the World and Jingle Bells to the community at our pagent yesterday. Those are my dancers behind me and that's the grand tree in front of me.


The Armenian New Years table. One of the 50 I visited this holiday season.


The label on this 'rocket' clearly states in English: "Do not hold in hand when lit. Place in ground and move a safe distance away." Nothing happened though, as 20 red, yellow and white fire balls flew out of the cardboard tube.

No comments: