Saturday, February 04, 2012

Freud's Last Session

The past two weeks Dominic and I spent our Friday nights going to off-Broadway's 20 for 20. It's a pretty basic idea - show up 20 minutes beforehand, pay $20/ticket. Quite a deal.

We saw Freud's Last Session and Rent with the 20 for 20 offer. Both shows were well worth far more than we paid.

Freud's last session is a play based on the idea that C.S. Lewis and Freud could have met. In his book The Question of God, Dr. Armand M. Nicholi, Jr. writes about what the encounter could have been like. "In 1939, the year in which the play is set, Dr. Freud is at the end of a long and brilliant career and Prof. Lewis has begun to build his own. On September 3, 1939, the date of their meeting in Freud's Last Session, Dr. Freud was 83 years old to Prof. Lewis' 41. Though Lewis was half Freud's age, the clash between these two men is timeless." - Playbill.'

C.S. Lewis once wrote: "I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." By faith Dominic and I see our world. Whether on the stage or on the street.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gotta love a good deal :)