Friday, June 08, 2012

Seeing Suren. Sarah in Surenavan.


Kill the sheep,

Prepare the pig BBQ,

Start the fire,

and set the table because...


Souren is home!
It feels unbelievable, but exactly six years ago I arrived in Armenia to set off on an adventure called the Peace Corps. When I left the country in 2008 I had loosely promised I'd return in five years or when the family's eldest son Souren returned from the army, as it turns out we arrived on the same day. 

In the village for the week my hope is to see as many people as possible, let everyone know how thankful I am for their patience and generosity during my service, and enjoy seeing the status of some of the small contributions I made while in the country.   


1 comment:

Mark Bornstein said...

Sounds like you had a good time! I'm excited to hear more.